Breathe For Change Partner School Overview
Breathe For Change Partner Schools are fully committed to using Breathe For Change’s integrative approach to wellness and social-emotional learning as a vehicle for social change for teachers, students, and their entire school community. Our transformational Breathe For Change Partner School program equips teachers, administrators, families, and students with world-class resources, coaching, and professional development to enhance individual and collective well-being at the school level.
Educators and administrators at our Breathe For Change Partner Schools receive exclusive, ongoing leadership development and intensive training throughout the school year to support them in incorporating social-emotional learning, wellness, and leadership development into all aspects of teaching and learning. Our intention is to provide high-quality support, training, and coaching for our Breathe For Change Partner Schools so that they can serve as a true model for what effective teaching and learning looks like, sounds like, and feels like when we prioritize the WHOLE in every teacher and student, as opposed to just the holes students fill out with their #2 pencils on standardized tests.
Breathe For Change Partner Schools will have the opportunity to participate in impact research studies with Breathe For Change to demonstrate the impact of wellness and social-emotional learning on teachers, students, and entire school communities.
Initiating Phase (Transformation of Self) - 2018-2019 School Year
- During the Initiating Phase, a select group of empowered educators and administrators at Breathe For Change Partner Schools will receive ongoing training, coaching, and resources to support them in developing their leadership capacity and embodying the Breathe For Change values at the highest level. Through our professional development, these educators will gain the skills and expertise necessary to effectively facilitate on-site wellness and social-emotional learning professional development in order to enhance individual and collective well-being for educators and students, and build a positive school culture and climate.
- Over the course of the year, the ChangeAgent (a graduate of B4C’s 200-hour wellness and yoga teacher training), Administrator, and School Wellness Team will receive professional development and work in collaboration with their coach to develop a Breathe For Change School-Wide Transformation Plan that aligns with and supports their ability to fulfill on their Comprehensive School Goals.
Implementing Phase (Transformation of Relationships)
- After building the foundation for school-wide wellness during the Initiating Phase, B4C Partner Schools will transition into the Implementing Phase. During this phase, B4C Partner Schools will translate their Breathe For Change School-Wide Transformation Plan into action for students, teachers, and the entire school community. Administrators, educators, and families receive access to resources, professional development, and intensive training aimed to improve student social-emotional learning and academic performance, increase family engagement, and enhance overall school climate and culture.
- To ensure effective implementation of the Breathe For Change School-Wide Transformation Plan, the ChangeAgent, Administrator, and School Wellness Team will continue to receive professional development, and several more educators during this phase will participate in Breathe For Change’s 200-hour wellness and yoga teacher training to develop the leadership skills and expertise necessary to facilitate wellness and social-emotional learning experiences for their students, staff, and the entire school community.
Institutionalizing Phase (Transformation of Community)
- After successful implementation of the Breathe For Change School-Wide Transformation Plan, B4C Partner Schools will transition into the Institutionalizing Phase, and become certified “Breathe For Change Model Schools.” During this phase, B4C Model Schools will continue to embody the Breathe For Change values, integrate social-emotional learning and wellness into all aspects of instruction, facilitate community wellness trainings and experiences for students, teachers, and families, and demonstrate an overall improvement in teacher efficacy and school culture and climate.
- Breathe For Change Model Schools will be empowered and equipped to offer professional development on topics including school wellness, social-emotional learning, social justice, and leadership to other school leaders and educators throughout their district and beyond, and to invite in educational leaders throughout the country to showcase what effective teaching and learning looks like, sounds like, and feels like.
Initiating Phase - Year 1
As a Breathe For Change Partner School, you will have access to:
- One 2-hour Breathe For Change Partner School Onboarding Induction Webinar with your school’s B4C ChangeMaker and school administrator to introduce the Partner School program, and build community with other Partner Schools throughout the nation.
- Monthly hour-long Professional Development Live Webinars for ChangeMaker and School Wellness Team facilitated by B4C’s Founder & CEO, Dr. Ilana Nankin, and Director of Partnerships, Tui Roper (in addition to the weekly PD Webinars ChangeMakers will be participating in).
- Two 6-hour on-site Breathe For Change Professional Development sessions for school staff led by B4C’s national team (one in fall, one in spring).
- Ticket for at least 1 principal or other administrator to attend the National SEL²F Summit (Social Emotional Learning, Leadership and Facilitation)
- Transformational Membership to Breathe For Change’s App, which includes live yoga and meditation sessions, live wellness and social-emotional learning professional development sessions, SEL*F classroom integration strategies, and pre-recorded self-care resources.
- Partial Scholarships for your educators to enroll in Breathe For Change’s 200-hour wellness and yoga teacher training.
- SEL*F Classroom Resources to support your educators in infusing social-emotional learning into all aspects of instruction.
- Newsletter Templates and introductory materials to showcase your Breathe For Change partnership with your school, district, families, educational stakeholders, and other networks.
- Breathe For Change Partnership Promotional Materials, including logos for website, staff t-shirts, Partner School Banner, etc.
- Private B4C Partner School Facebook group to exchange resources, share ideas, and build community with educational leaders across the country.
As a Breathe For Change Partner School you will be prepared and qualified to:
- Lead wellness and social-emotional learning Professional Development for staff, students, and families at your school.
- Integrate Social-Emotional learning pedagogical strategies and content into all aspects of instruction to enhance school culture and climate.
- Facilitate school-wide Professional Learning Communities focused on social-emotional learning, social justice, wellness, and leadership development.
- Facilitate monthly Transformational Breathe For Change Themed Workshops for your staff, families, and other community members.
- Teach monthly Transformational Breathe For Change Themed Workshops for your students in the classroom.
- Provide wellness and social-emotional learning resources to families
- Design and implement SEL*F Programs in your classroom and entire school.
- Integrate mind-body wellness practices like mindfulness, meditation, and yoga throughout your curriculum and instruction.
- Lead inclusive Breathe For Change meditation and yoga classes for your staff, students, and families to enhance well-being.
- Implement your social justice action plan in collaboration with diverse members of your school community.
Requirements to Apply to Become a B4C Partner School
To be eligible to apply to become a Breathe For Change Partner School, your school must have at least 1 Breathe For Change ChangeMaker already on staff, and also commit to:
- Sending at least 1 principal or other administrator to the national SEL²F Summit (Social Emotional Learning, Leadership and Facilitation)
- Offering your entire administration and staff two 6-hour days of on-site Breathe For Change professional development led by Breathe For Change’s national team (one each semester).
- Scheduling time for ChangeMaker(s) to facilitate a Breathe For Change introductory workshop, other professional development and professional learning communities for staff.
- Supporting teachers in incorporating SEL*F strategies into their instruction across content.
- Leading with love, and embodying the 12 Breathe For Change core values.
Value for 2018-2019 School Year - Initiating Phase
- 1 x Breathe For Change Change Agent = $1,500
- 2 x 200-hour Training = $5,300
- 2 x On-Site 6-hour Professional Development = $3,600
- 1 x Social-Emotional Learning, Leadership and Facilitation Training (SEL²F) = $1,200
- 1 x School Wellness Resources = $1,000
- 9 x Monthly Wellness Coaching Sessions = $600
- #Educators x Transformational Membership to B4C App = #Educators x $150
Value of 2018-2019 Breathe For Change Partner School Program = $13,200 + $150 per educator
Discounted Inaugural Year Price: $10,000
Scholarships for Schools In Need
Our mission at Breathe For Change is to make our services accessible and inclusive of all school communities, which is why we are committed to offering scholarships to those in need of additional financial assistance. To ensure equity, we have a limited number of partial scholarships available for under-resourced schools, so please do not let financial barriers prevent you from applying.
Please check the box that applies:
- Our school can fully-fund the Breathe For Change Partner School Program
- Our school cannot fully-fund the Breathe For Change Partner School Program, and will need to apply for scholarship funds
B4C School Partner Application
Because we deeply value and are invested in developing our Breathe For Change Partner Schools as leaders of the B4C movement, we have a thorough application process, which includes an initial screening application, as well as an interview with our Director of Partnerships, Tui Roper. This is a competitive selection process, as we are only accepting 15 Breathe For Change Partner Schools nationwide for our inaugural 2018-2019 school cohort.
Please thoroughly fill out all aspects of this application before submitting. If you need additional information before applying, please sign up for a Breathe For Change Partner School Introductory Webinar here, or directly schedule a call with our Executive Director of Partnerships, Tui Roper.
- School Name:
- School District:
- School Address:
- City, State:
- School Phone Number:
- School Office Number:
- How many students do you serve?
- How many teachers/school staff do you have?
- School Type (checkbox):
- Other:____ [explain]
- % of students economically disadvantaged (includes free and reduced lunch, students receiving TANF or SNAP benefits, and/or identified as homeless):
- % of students that are English Language Learners:
- Racial Demographics (fill in percentages):
- Multiple Races
Breathe For Change ChangeAgent Information
- Breathe For Change 200-hour Training Cohort (City, Season, Year):
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- # of years working at current school:
- Are you currently a Breathe For Change Ambassador? (yes/no)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- # of years working at current school:
- Why are you inspired to be a Breathe For Change Partner School?
- What is your vision for your school and how do you believe Breathe For Change can support you in fulfilling that vision?
- What are your comprehensive school goals, and how can the Breathe For Change Partner School program support in meeting those goals?
- What do you hope to get out of participating in the Breathe For Change Partner School program, if selected?
- How do you anticipate your school will be impacted as a result of your participation in the program? What specific and measurable outcomes to do you want to see?
- What would success look like for your school at the end of the year if you were to fulfill on your intentions as a Breathe For Change Partner School?
- How do you plan to engage your educators, students, and families in the Breathe For Change movement?
- Describe a time that you’ve previously implemented (or attempt to implement) a school-wide initiative. Discuss both the successes and challenges you faced.
- What hesitations do you have about being a Breathe For Change?
- What resources and support do you feel will make the greatest impact on your school community, if accepted into the program?
- Will your school be able to fund the enrollment fee? If not, explain what barriers are in your way, and what steps you are taking to address those barriers.
- What questions do you still have?
- Is there anything else you want to share?
We are grateful for all our partners including