Los Angeles, CA
Join an inspiring community of educators and gain deep knowledge in yoga, mindfulness and social-emotional learning! Our 18-day life-changing training empowers educators as champions of well-being in their lives, classrooms, and communities. Through our trainings, educators learn the foundations of social-emotional learning and facilitation, and gain the skillset and confidence to use wellness as a vehicle for social change.
Graduates earn the Breathe For Change Wellness Champion certification and have the option to become Certified Yoga Teachers (CYT 200) to register with Yoga Alliance as Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT 200). Graduates are also eligible to apply for CEUs and graduate credits.
Ask us how 3,000 educators funded their 200-hour certifications to date - we have options and ideas for you! Once you apply, our team is available to work with you to make this life-changing training possible, for you and the community where you will ignite well-being. Scholarship and funding details available.
"Breathe For Change has been the most important training I have been to in my 20 years as an educator."
-Cristina, School Teacher
Space is limited, apply today!
1) pick your training
Summer 2020 • July 13 - August 1, 2020, 8am - 7pm, Days Off: July 19 & 26
July 13 - August 1, 2020, 8am - 7pm, Days Off: July 19 & 26
2) fill out the form below
Los Angeles Summer 2020
200-hour Training Details
DAY 1: Transformation of Self
Day 2: Breathe For Beginnings – building the foundation for wholeness
Day 3: Breathe For Creativity – living your fully expressed self
Day 4: Breathe For Gratitude – appreciating the gift of life
DAY 5: Transformation of Relationships
Day 6: Breathe For Presence – exploring the best gift of all
Day 7: Breathe For Compassion – vulnerably opening our hearts
Day 8: Breathe For Communication – fostering deeper relationships
DAY 9: Transformation of Community
Day 10: Breathe For Inclusion – cultivating well-being for all
Day 11: Breathe For Collaboration – working together for greater impact
Day 12: Breathe For Social Justice – using wellness as a vehicle for social change
Day 13: Capstone Project Preparation
Day 14: Capstone Project Preparation
DAY 15: Integration and Renewal
Day 16: Breathe For Harmony – experiencing universal connection
Day 17: Breathe For Playfulness – living with lightness and joy
Day 18: Breathe For Inspiration – igniting the fire within
Asana Session Pt 1: Asana Family Workshop
B4C’s Social Emotional & Facilitation Workshop
Meditation / Social Emotional Learning * Facilitation (Strategies)
Anatomy / Yoga Philosophy
Asana Session Pt 2: Practice Teaching
Evening Yoga Practice
Certification & Credits
There are two certification options available through the Breathe For Change 200-hour Wellness and Yoga Teacher Training for Educators:
- B4C Wellness Champion Certification: This CASEL-aligned social-emotional learning certification qualifies graduates to lead yoga, wellness, and social-emotional learning programs for students, colleagues and community members!
- Dual Certification: B4C Wellness Champion + 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CYT 200): This certification includes a professional yoga teaching credential that demonstrates that trainees have completed 200 hours of yoga training and have met all Yoga Alliance (YA) requirements and proficiencies necessary to teach yoga at a professional level.
By successfully participating in our 18-day training, and completing all certification requirements for the chosen path, graduates will earn one or both of the certifications mentioned above.
Graduate School and Continuing Education Credits
- 18 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to be utilized toward professional development.
- Up to 3 Graduate Degree Credits to be utilized toward a graduate degree.
Breathe For Change strives to make our trainings accessible and affordable to educators. We encourage you to apply so we can understand your funding needs... we are here to support you, exactly where you are!
Early-Bird Tuition: $2,995 (discounted from $3,495 now through March 31st)
Wondering how to make it work?
For context, many Yoga Teacher Trainings cost $4,000 or more, and we offer our trainings at $2,995. Our education-specific pricing allows more educators to gain access to these practices and certifications.
We also provide trainees the evidence needed to request third-party funding sources such as school site funds, PTA/PTO grants, other local grants, DonorsChoose, and GoFundMe. We offer need-based partial scholarships and flexible payment plans. Through all these options, more than 3,000 educators have made this incredible investment in their well-being and career growth.
Trainees can also opt to earn continuing education units (CEUs) and graduate school credits that may lead to salary increases (check your district’s policies). Grads have also chosen to earn additional income with their new certifications and skills.
Funding & Support
Once you apply, our team is available to work with you to make this life-changing training possible, for you and the community where you will spread wellness and share these practices. Thousands of educators have successfully funded their tuition through community sources, including:
- School or district administrations committed to supporting teacher well-being and student social-emotional learning
- Other grant-making organizations focused on education, wellness, and/or social-emotional learning
- Crowdfunding efforts via sites such as Donors Choose and GoFundMe
- Family members and loved ones who understand the tremendous benefits of reduced stress and enhanced well-being for educators
Beyond The Training: Support for Graduates
Our Theory of Change is to empower educators as champions of well-being in their classrooms and school communities. Breathe For Change provides ongoing learning and support for graduates through:
- 24/7 access to online resources for yourself and your classroom
- Webinars to revisit and re-ignite your practice
- Continued access to our Facebook groups
- Additional local opportunities and resources
We are grateful for all our partners including