Support Trainers provide general production and curriculum support for our 200-hour trainings. Becoming a Support Trainer is a personal and professional development opportunity designed to deepen an individual's involvement with the B4C community, provide exposure to life as a B4C trainer, and set one up for consideration for further leadership development opportunities and positions on future training teams.
Support Trainers participate in morning production support, attend and participate in B4C Workshops, support a mentorship group, and fulfill all mentor responsibilities during Asana, SEL*F and Mentorship Circles.
Once a Support Trainer has participated on staff at one B4C training and has been actively teaching yoga for one year, they can apply to be a Content Apprentice. Please note that being a Support Trainer does not guarantee that you will be selected to become an Apprentice in a future training; not all Support Trainers will become Content Apprentices, and not all Content Apprentices will have been Support Trainers.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Breathe For Change is a movement of educators inspired to teach and learn for peace, love, and social justice. We envision all people educated and empowered to be their whole and brilliant selves in their lives, relationships, and communities. We unite, train, and support educators in wellness and social-emotional learning practices that enhance individual and collective well-being. Our global community is creating an education system that unleashes the full potential of every student AND teacher as a vehicle for social change.
- 200-hour yoga certification or higher
- Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification OR Minimum of one (1) year of teaching yoga professionally
- Degree in Education OR Experience working in the field of education
- Permanent or partial residence in the city to which you are applying
- Embodies the 12 Breathe For Change values
- Self-starters who take initiative and engage in self-study to grow in their role as a B4C trainer
- Have a passion for social justice and a deep commitment to diversity and inclusivity practices
- Anticipate challenges and will work proactively and lovingly to solve them
- Collaborate with their training team (Production Leads, Lead Trainers, Content Trainers, and Apprentices) to prepare and support each training day
- Willing to receive both positive and critical feedback from their Lead Trainers
- Are strong and clear communicators and mindful listeners
- Create both formal and informal space for recognition and appreciation throughout the training day
- Follow community expectations and establish trust and rapport with all trainees
- Want to become leaders within the growing B4C movement