Mental Health Consultant — Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes online trainer orientation learning modules
- Meets with regional Lead Trainers to review role and responsibilities
- Reads and respond to all team emails and Basecamp messages from regional leadership and B4C team
- Attends and participates in Training Team Orientation
- Attends all Breathe For Change workshops and is available to support trainees for the hour that follows
- Available for both trainee and trainer support throughout the 16 days
- Communicates, collaborates, and shares feedback with Lead Trainers on their facilitation around potential triggering situations or challenging concepts
- Understands B4C workshop curriculum, anticipates any challenges and plans for appropriate responses for trainers when working with trainees
- Facilitates or co-facilitates a mentor group and supports trainees during Asana, SEL*F and mentorship circles
- Leads one opt-in mental health session for trainers during lunch
- Provides resources and professional contacts to trainers and trainees as needed
- Completes during-training trainer survey
- Participates in graduation celebration
- Follows up with trainers or trainees as appropriate/needed
- Completes post-training trainer survey
- Meets with Trainer Development team to help refine and innovate on the Mental Health Consultant role
Standard Training Hours:
9:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Mental Health Consultants are responsible for attending all Breathe For Change workshops and providing support for trainees during the hour that follows. They must also be available for minimal contact outside of training hours.
We would like to emphasize the following days as high leverage moments for MHC’s to be present and available:
- Transformation of Self
- Breathe For Presence
- Breathe For Compassion
- Breathe for Inclusion
- Breathe For Social Justice
- Breathe For Harmony (Pre/Post natal session)
- Breathe For Inspiration
Any time the MHC is on site but not in workshop can be considered an opportune time to be available for trainees, or to speak with any members of the training team who need support (trainee or personal).
MHC’s are responsible for communicating their planned schedule to the Lead Trainers and taking input on that schedule based on trainee needs.
Apply right here
Breathe For Change is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Breathe For Change is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Breathe For Change are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Breathe For Change will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Breathe For Change encourages applicants of all ages.