Mental Health Consultant
The Mental Health Consultant (MHC) is a revolutionary role that aims to support the mental and emotional health of the entire Breathe For Change community during the 200-hour transformational training! At B4C, we acknowledge the depths to which much of this personal work can mentally and emotionally impact our trainers and trainees, and are committed to ensuring that all members of our community have access to qualified mental health support throughout the journey. The MHC’s role is to both prepare and support our B4C trainers with Mental Health coaching and resources so that they can better support trainees, and provide guidance for trainees who may need extra support outside of their mentorship group. MHC's also serve as Support Trainers and mentors.
This is an amazing opportunity to innovate within the world of mental health, grow your personal leadership capacity, and offer incomparable support to educators.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Breathe For Change is a movement of educators inspired to teach and learn for peace, love, and social justice. We envision all people educated and empowered to be their whole and brilliant selves in their lives, relationships, and communities. We unite, train, and support educators in wellness and social-emotional learning practices that enhance individual and collective well-being. Our global community is creating an education system that unleashes the full potential of every student AND teacher as a vehicle for social change.
- 200-hour yoga certification or above
- Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification OR Minimum of one (1) year of teaching yoga professionally
- Degree in Education OR Experience working in the field of education
- Has completed or is working to complete a Masters of Arts in a mental health field (e.g. psychology, counseling, social work)
- Permanent or partial residence in the city to which you are applying
- Embodies the 12 Breathe For Change values
- Understands the B4C curricular progression as a whole and is able to provide mental health support and offer trainers and trainees support in addressing challenges that come up during the training sessions
- Passion for social justice, with a deep commitment to and training in diversity and inclusivity practices
- Ability to hold safe space by setting clear community expectations and boundaries, using trauma-informed practices, and establishing trust and rapport with all trainers and trainees