Content Trainers make the B4C curriculum come alive and guide trainees through a deep, enriching, and inspiring training experience. Content Trainers are responsible for the effective coordination and teaching of their content area as a part of the larger Breathe For Change 200-hour curriculum. This includes learning the content-specific B4C curriculum, incorporating their personal expertise into the lesson plans, collaborating with their content team, and purposefully planning a dynamic and integrated content experience. Each Content Trainer is responsible for teaching one content area, attending and participating in the B4C Workshops, leading or co-leading a mentorship group and fulfilling all mentor responsibilities during Asana, SEL*F and Mentorship Circles.
Content Trainers are also responsible for the onsite mentorship of their Content Apprentice(s). This mentorship relationship will uniquely depend on each Content Apprentice’s level of expertise and ability; generally, Content Trainers find ways to review and execute their content area lessons in a way that contributes to the growth of their apprentice, co-facilitate the lesson with Apprentice when appropriate, have pre-post planning and feedback session meetings, and cultivate a content-specific sense of partnership. To further their own development, each Content Trainer will also participate in an observation and feedback cycle with their regional Lead Trainers on-site.
Serving as a Content Trainer is required for those interested in becoming B4C Lead Trainers.
Content Trainers will facilitate one of the following areas:
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Breathe For Change is a movement of educators inspired to teach and learn for peace, love, and social justice. We envision all people educated and empowered to be their whole and brilliant selves in their lives, relationships, and communities. We unite, train, and support educators in wellness and social-emotional learning practices that enhance individual and collective well-being. Our global community is creating an education system that unleashes the full potential of every student AND teacher as a vehicle for social change.
- RYT 200 or above
- A relevant degree, certification or substantial education in the subject that they will teach, which must be related to a Yoga Alliance® Educational Category (e.g. Asana, Philosophy, Meditation, Anatomy, SEL*F)
- Minimum of 500 hours of teaching experience and the equivalent of TWO (2) years of relevant experience in the content area
- A history of academic and/or professional success
- Permanent or partial residence in the city to which you are applying
- Embodies the 12 Breathe For Change values
- Proficient in Breathe For Change pedagogical practices
- Command of a space, outgoing and personable
- Excellent communicator in front of large groups
- Expertise and formal training in their content area
- Strong awareness of time and ability to effectively facilitate within a structure
- Familiarity with the B4C curriculum as a whole
- Passion for social justice and a deep commitment to diversity and inclusivity practices
- Sets clear expectations and boundaries using trauma-informed practices, and establishes trust and rapport well
- Emotional and physical stamina to work long hours in an intense environment
- Anticipates challenges and can work proactively and lovingly to solve them
- Experience coaching and both giving and receiving critical feedback