Content Apprentices support the B4C curriculum in a specific content area, while simultaneously growing their own content knowledge and leadership experience. Becoming a Content Apprentice is a personal and professional development opportunity designed to deepen an individual's involvement with the B4C community, provide exposure to life as a B4C trainer, and set one up for consideration for further leadership development opportunities and positions on future training teams, including Content Trainer.
Content Apprentices can focus on any of the following areas:
Content Apprentices learn content-specific B4C curriculum, build content area expertise, and collaborate with their content team. Each Content Apprentice is responsible for supporting one content area, attending and participating in the B4C Workshops, co-leading a mentorship group and fulfilling all mentor responsibilities during Asana, SEL*F and Mentorship Circles.
Content Apprentices will receive onsite mentorship from their Content Trainer. This mentorship will look unique based on each Content Apprentice’s level of expertise and ability but generally involves collaborating to review and execute content area lessons (pre and post session meetings), co-facilitating when appropriate, and engaging in coaching conversations.
Once a Content Apprentice feels ready in their content development and meets the qualifications, they can apply and interview to become a B4C Content Trainer. Please note that being a Content Apprentice does not guarantee that you will be selected to become a Content Trainer in a future training; not all Content Apprentices will become trainers, and not all Content Trainers will have been apprentices.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Breathe For Change is a movement of educators inspired to teach and learn for peace, love, and social justice. We envision all people educated and empowered to be their whole and brilliant selves in their lives, relationships, and communities. We unite, train, and support educators in wellness and social-emotional learning practices that enhance individual and collective well-being. Our global community is creating an education system that unleashes the full potential of every student AND teacher as a vehicle for social change.
- RYT 200 or above (Yoga Alliance Registered) OR a Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification
- Apprentices must have participated in a Breathe For Change training as a Support Trainer OR must hold a relevant degree, certification or substantial education in the subject being apprenticed
- Minimum of 200 hours of teaching experience in that subject and the equivalent of one (1) year of relevant experience in the content area
- A history of academic and/or professional success
- Permanent or partial residence in the city to which you are applying
- Strong and clear communicators and mindful listeners
- Upbeat and personable
- Impeccable time management skills (useful for staying on track during sessions)
- Experience coaching or mentoring small groups
- Anticipates challenges and will work proactively and lovingly to solve them
- Committed to a path of growth and self-study within the organization
- Willingness to take on multiple projects and collaborate
- Emotional and physical stamina to work long hours in an intense environment
- Passion for social justice and a deep commitment to diversity and inclusivity practices
- Ability to set clear expectations and boundaries, using trauma-informed practices, and establish trust and rapport well
- Receptive to both positive and critical feedback